Key Takeaway: To make low calorie protein cookies for weight loss, simply mix protein powder, almond or coconut flour, applesauce, nut butter, almond milk, baking powder, and a pinch of salt. Bake at 350°F for 10-12 minutes and enjoy your guilt-free treat! 😋
Did you know that the average cookie contains a whopping 200 calories and up to 15 grams of sugar? 😲 That’s a lot of calories and sugar that can ruin your weight loss effort 💔. But don’t worry. As a weight loss coach, I’m here to tell you that there’s a better way to enjoy a sweet treat without sabotaging your weight loss journey! 😀
Introducing the low calorie protein cookie 🍪, a delicious and nutritious snack that you can easily whip up in your own kitchen. With simple ingredients and a few easy steps, you’ll be able to satisfy your sweet tooth while still staying on track with your goals. 🎯
The secret to these protein-packed cookies is the combination of ingredients that are both low in calories and high in protein. I recommend using a plant-based protein powder 🌱, like pea or rice protein, as it’s easily digestible and perfect for those who are lactose intolerant or vegan. Plus, it’s a fantastic way to sneak in some extra protein without feeling like you’re chowing down on a protein bar. 💪
To make these delicious cookies, you’ll need the following ingredients 👇:
- 1 cup of your favorite protein powder (I love using vanilla or chocolate-flavored powders for this recipe)
- 1/2 cup of almond or coconut flour (these flours are low in carbs and high in healthy fats)
- 1/2 cup of unsweetened applesauce (a great natural sweetener that adds moisture)
- 1/4 cup of nut butter (choose your favorite, but almond or cashew butter works best)
- 1/4 cup of unsweetened almond milk (or any other milk alternative)
- 1 tsp of baking powder
- A pinch of salt
- Optional add-ins: sugar-free chocolate chips, chopped nuts, or unsweetened coconut flakes
Now, let’s get baking! 🍪 Follow these simple steps to make your low calorie protein cookies:
- Preheat your oven to 350°F (175°C) and line a baking sheet with parchment paper.
- In a large bowl, combine the protein powder, almond or coconut flour, baking powder, and salt.
- In a separate bowl, mix together the applesauce, nut butter, and almond milk until smooth.
- Pour the wet ingredients into the dry ingredients and mix until a dough forms. If you’re adding any optional extras, like chocolate chips, mix them in now.
- Use a spoon or your hands to form small balls of dough and place them on the prepared baking sheet. Flatten each ball slightly with the back of a spoon or your fingers.
- Bake the cookies for 10-12 minutes or until the edges are golden brown. Be careful not to overbake them, as they can become dry and crumbly.
- Let the cookies cool on the baking sheet for a few minutes before transferring them to a wire rack to cool completely. And that’s it! Enjoy your guilt-free protein cookies with a big smile on your face. 😋
Not only are these cookies delicious and easy to make, but they’re also a fantastic way to support 🤝 your weight loss journey by providing you with a satisfying snack that’s packed with protein and low in calories. Plus, they’re incredibly versatile, so feel free to experiment with different protein powder flavors and add-ins to create your perfect cookie. 🍪
Now, I have a question for all of you cookie monsters out there: What’s your favorite healthy ingredient to add to your cookies? 🍪🥜🥥 Let me know in the comments below! And if you give this low calorie protein cookie recipe a try, I’d love to hear how it turned out for you. Happy baking! 🥰