Key Takeaway: To make low calorie kettle corn for weight loss, just pop the corn in coconut oil and then toss it with a mix of granulated sweetener and salt! 🍿 It’s a tasty and guilt-free way to enjoy your favorite snack while staying on track with your weight loss goals. 😋
Did you know that popcorn is actually a whole grain? 😲 Yep, that’s right! This delicious snack can be part of a healthy diet, especially when you’re trying to lose weight. And today, I’m going to share with you an amazing low calorie kettle corn recipe that will satisfy your cravings without sabotaging your weight loss goals. 🍿
First off, let’s talk about why kettle corn (a sweet variety of popcorn) can be a great choice for weight loss. Traditional kettle corn is made by popping corn kernels in a mix of sugar and oil. This gives it a sweet and salty flavor that’s hard to resist. But by making some simple swaps, we can create a healthier version that’s low in calories and perfect for weight loss. 👌
Here’s what you’ll need for this low calorie kettle corn recipe:
- 1/4 cup popcorn kernels
- 1 tablespoon coconut oil (or any other oil with a high smoke point)
- 2 tablespoons granulated sweetener (such as Stevia, erythritol, or monk fruit)
- 1/4 teaspoon sea salt
Now, let’s get to the fun part – making the kettle corn! 🍳
- Start by preheating a large pot with a lid over medium heat. Add the oil and let it melt.
- Next, add the popcorn kernels to the pot, making sure they’re in a single layer. Cover the pot with a lid.
- Once you hear the first kernel pop, gently shake the pot back and forth to prevent the kernels from burning. Do this until the popping slows down.
- While the popcorn is popping, mix together the sweetener and salt in a small bowl.
- When the popping has almost stopped, quickly remove the pot from the heat. Take off the lid and pour the sweetener mixture over the popcorn.
- Put the lid back on, and give the pot a good shake to evenly coat the popcorn with the sweetener and salt.
Voila! You’ve got yourself some delicious and low calorie kettle corn! 🎉
I love this recipe because it’s easy to make, and the sweetness from the granulated sweetener satisfies my cravings without all the added calories. Plus, it’s a great way to enjoy a guilt-free treat while sticking to your weight loss plan. 😊
Now that you’ve got this tasty low calorie kettle corn recipe in your arsenal, you can enjoy movie night or a quick snack without feeling guilty. And trust me, as a weight loss coach, I can say that finding a balance between healthy choices and indulgence is key to staying on track. 🙌
Now, tell me: what will be the movie 🎬 you will watch while enjoying this delicious kettle corn? Let me know in the comments below – I’m always excited to hear your thoughts and ideas! 💬