Key Takeaway: To make a low-calorie Italian dressing, simply combine 1 cup of apple cider vinegar, 1/2 cup of water, 2 tablespoons of olive oil, 1 tablespoon of Dijon mustard, and 1 teaspoon each of dried oregano, basil, and garlic powder in a jar with a tight-fitting lid. Shake it all until it’s well mixed, taste and adjust the seasonings if needed, and voila – you’ve got a tangy, flavorful dressing! 🎉🥗
Did you know that the average Italian dressing has about 80 calories per tablespoon? 😱 That’s a lot of calories for a salad dressing, especially if you’re trying to lose weight or eat healthier. But don’t worry, I have a solution for you: a low calorie Italian dressing recipe that tastes amazing and has only 25 calories per tablespoon! 🙌 Yes, 25! That’s less than a quarter of the store-bought stuff.
This recipe is super easy to make and uses simple ingredients that you probably already have in your pantry. All you need is:
- 1 cup of apple cider vinegar. This is the base of our dressing. It’s tangy, it’s flavorful, and it’s good for you! 🍎
- 1/2 cup of water. This helps to dilute the vinegar, so it’s not too overpowering. 💧
- 2 tablespoons of olive oil. A little bit of healthy fat adds richness and makes the dressing stick to your salad leaves. 🍃
- 1 tablespoon of Dijon mustard. This adds a nice bit of spice and helps to emulsify the dressing.
- 1 teaspoon each of dried oregano, basil, and garlic powder. These give our dressing that classic Italian flavor. 🌿
- Salt and black pepper to taste. Because we all know that a little seasoning goes a long way. 🧂
And here’s how you make it: 😊
- Get yourself a jar with a tight-fitting lid. Pour in the vinegar, water, olive oil, and mustard. Then, add your herbs and seasonings.
- Screw the lid on tight and shake it like you mean it! You want to mix all those ingredients up until they’re well combined. 💃
- Take a taste and adjust the seasonings if needed. Remember, this is your dressing, so make it how you like it!
And there you go, your very own low-calorie Italian dressing. 👍 It’s tangy, it’s herby, and it’s perfect for drizzling over your favorite salad. 🥗 Plus, it’s going to help you stay on track with your weight loss goals.
As a weight loss coach, 👨💼 I’m a big fan of finding healthier alternatives to store-bought items. And this dressing is a winner in my book. It’s lower in calories, it’s made with wholesome ingredients, and it’s free from all those preservatives and additives you often find in the store-bought stuff. 👍
Remember, you’re in control of what goes into your body. So, what are you waiting for? Give this low calorie Italian dressing recipe a try. 😉 Now, tell me what is your other favorite salad dressing? Drop a comment below and let’s get the conversation going. 👇💬