In this article, I will explain what belly drainage ginger oil is and whether belly drainage ginger oil helps you lose weight.
I will also explain the scientific meaning and best approach of weight loss.
Let’s dive in. 🧐
Table of Contents
About Belly Drainage Ginger Oil
Belly drainage ginger oil is a topical oil or massage oil for the belly. 
It is basically ginger oil diluted in other oils like jojoba oil. This oil is intended to be massaged into the belly button, hoping that it will promote weight loss. 
Ginger oil is extracted from the rhizome part, which is an underground stem and the root branches from it. 
Like other essential oils, ginger oil is very concentrated and shouldn’t be applied to the skin undiluted.
According to the Food and Drug Administration (FDA), ginger oil is generally recognized as safe. 
The health benefits of ginger oil are almost the same as fresh ginger. In fact, ginger oil is more potent than fresh ginger. Because, oil has the highest concentration of gingerol. 
Gingerol is the major bioactive compound present in the rhizomes of ginger. It’s responsible for much of ginger’s medicinal properties. 
Belly drainage ginger oil uses the same ginger oil in diluted form. But this product is glamorized as a ‘Slimming Essential Oil’ that will help you lose weight while lying down without dieting and exercising.
You can find many brands selling ginger oil claiming it will reduce belly fat naturally. 
But the question is does belly drainage ginger oil help you lose body fat?
Let’s discuss. 🧐
But before that, let me tell you about the scientific meaning of weight loss.
About Weight Loss
Weight loss is the process of reducing your total body weight. 
Your body loses weight intentionally by following a healthy lifestyle, or unintentionally due to malnutrition or illness. 
The weight may come from fluid, body fat (adipose tissue), or lean mass (namely bone mineral deposits, muscle, tendon, and other connective tissue). 
You can find different solutions to lose weight. For example, diet and exercise, weight loss medication, and weight loss surgery.
When you’re trying to lose weight, it’s natural to want it to happen very quickly. But gradual and steady weight loss (about 1 to 2 pounds per week) is more natural and sustainable. 
Achieving and maintaining a healthy weight is important for overall health and well-being. It is essential to choose a weight loss approach that is safe, effective, and sustainable in the long term. 
You should consult a medical professional before starting any new diet or weight loss program, especially if you have a medical condition such as diabetes or thyroid. 
Now, let’s come to the main topic of this article. 🧐
Belly Drainage Ginger Oil For Weight Loss
In the previous section, I have explained what belly drainage ginger oil is and how it is produced and much more.
Now the question is,
Does belly drainage ginger oil help you lose weight?
No. Belly drainage ginger oil can’t help you burn body fat. It may only generate heat, and you may feel warm from inside. This is because of the presence of gingerol (main bioactive compound of ginger). But there is no scientific evidence to prove that rubbing ginger oil on your belly button can help you lose weight. 
Now, you may ask,
Why do some people benefit by applying belly drainage ginger oil?
Companies can do anything to sell their products, even buy people’s opinions. In today’s world, showing fake reviews online is a piece of cake. I hope you got my point. 
Although some reviews are real, you don’t know what else the reviewer does for weight loss.
However, consuming ginger can help you lose weight by inhibiting fat and cholesterol absorption. 
But you can’t lose weight just by applying ginger oil on your belly button.
However, body massaging with ginger oil isn’t harmful if the oil doesn’t contain any harmful ingredients. So, if you like the calm effect of body massage, there is no harm in trying it.
Now let’s end this topic. 🙂
Body massage therapy can be a great addition to your weight loss plan. It can help you lower the stress level and recover from a workout.  
But don’t expect a fat loss effect from it. Because there are no shortcuts to weight loss. 
To lose weight, first, fix your lifestyle. Because a healthy lifestyle is key to permanent weight loss. 
Furthermore, don’t follow any diet plans from an unauthentic source that claim quick weight loss. Because weight loss demands your hard work and dedication.
Also, everyone is different, and that’s why weight loss programs should be personalized.
▶️ To get a personalized weight loss program, visit here:
That’s it for now. If you want to read more informative weight loss articles, visit here: Weight Loss Blog. You can find more content about weight loss supplements here: Weight Loss Supplements.
Now ask me anything about weight loss in the comment section. I will reply as soon as I can.
This article is backed by verified information from peer-reviewed and academic research papers, reputed organizations, research institutions, and medical associations to ensure accuracy and relevance.
You can learn more about how we ensure our content is accurate and current by reading our editorial policy.
Following are the references of this article.
- Amazon India: Aromine Belly Drainage Ginger Oil,Tummy Ginger Drainage Massage, Oil 30ml[↩][↩]
- Welltech: Want to Try Ginger Oil for Weight Loss? Let’s Look at The Evidence[↩]
- Healthline: Ginger Oil: Benefits, Uses, and Side Effects[↩]
- FDA: CFR – Code of Federal Regulations Title 21[↩]
- Dr. Axe: Ginger Oil Uses, Benefits, Side Effects and More[↩]
- PubMed: Gingerols and shogaols: Important nutraceutical principles from ginger[↩]
- Wikipedia: Weight loss[↩][↩]
- Rxlist: Medical Definition of Weight loss[↩]
- NCBI Bookshelf: Weight-Loss and Maintenance Strategies – Weight Management[↩]
- CDC: Losing Weight | Healthy Weight, Nutrition, and Physical Activity[↩][↩]
- NIDDK: Choosing a Safe & Successful Weight-loss Program[↩][↩]
- The Quint: Fact-Check: No, Putting Ginger Oil on Belly Button Does Not Help in Burning Fat[↩]
- HBR: How Fake Customer Reviews Do — and Don’t — Work[↩]
- PubMed: Anti-obesity action of gingerol: effect on lipid profile, insulin, leptin, amylase and lipase in male obese rats induced by a high-fat diet[↩]
- PubMed Central: Effect of sports massage on performance and recovery: a systematic review and meta-analysis[↩]
- PubMed Central: Physiological Adjustments to Stress Measures Following Massage Therapy: A Review of the Literature[↩]
- Austin Preferred: No Shortcuts to Health and Weight Loss | Integrative Medicine in Austin | Chiropractor & Physical Therapy[↩]